South Africa is high on confidence. Today`s match is going to be an extension of what was witnessed in the last match between South Africa and West Indies. This is certainly a big day for Ireland; but definitely, South Africa is going to make it bigger. Winning the toss, South Africa decided to bat first. The initial overs were steady, except for the loss of their first wicket in the 3rd over of the inning. Quinton de Kock got out by John Mooney at his personal score of 1 run. Afterwards, Hashim Amla and Faf du Plessis held their batting.
With centuries from both Hashim Alma and Faf du Plessis South African team had already had made more than 300 runs in 42 overs. Let us have a look at some of the fast facts to another great cricket innings of South Africa and Ireland match.
- Team South Africa made 57 runs in the mandatory power play from 0.1 10.0 overs at the loss of 1 wicket
- Made 50 runs in 50 balls for the second wicket partnership
- Hashim Amla made 50 runs in 52 balls with 7 boundaries
- Team score reached to 100 runs in just 104 balls
- Amla and du Plessis made 100 run partnership in just 01 balls
- F du Plessis made 50 runs in 57 balls with 6 boundaries
- Team made 150 runs in 143 balls
- Amla and du Plessis made 150 runs in just 139 runs contributing 78 and 68 runs respectively
- Alma made 100 runs in 100 balls with 9 boundaries and two sixes
- Team score reached 200 in 198 balls
- Their second wicket partnership for 200 runs was achieved in 196 balls (Amla 97 runs F du Plessis at 99)
- F du Plessis made 100 runs in 103 balls with 9 boundaries and one six
- Amla and Duplessis together now hold the record for making the biggest 2nd wicket partnership for South Africa in the history of ICC Cricket World Cup